How to Cite Emsi Data
Any time you include Emsi data in a webpage, report, or other media, you must abide by the following citation guidelines.
- If you use Emsi data along with other data sources, you must include either a footnote or an in-text citation for each instance Emsi data is used, along with the year the data was published by Emsi. E.g. “’Earnings for Idaho attorneys in the 75th percentile of earners is $57.18/hr.’ (Emsi, 2019).”
- If you include Emsi charts or graphs, you must attribute Emsi either within each chart or graph, or directly above or below each chart or graph. For example:
- If you include only Emsi data, with no other contributing data sources, you may choose to either cite each instance of Emsi data used, or you may include a general attribution at the beginning or end of your webpage, report, etc. If you choose to include only a general attribution, the attribution must be prominently displayed.
- In addition to the above requirements, whenever you cite Emsi data, you must display prominently on the webpage, report, etc. Emsi’s website URL as follows: “Emsi – economicmodeling.com”. For instance, at the bottom of a webpage containing Emsi data, you could include the following attribution: “Source: Emsi- economicmodeling.com”.
- If you publish an Emsi report as exported from an Emsi tool, you may not remove any of the attribution information from the report.